Dress-up day brings books alive
Friday 4th April 2014
Staff and pupils dressed up as their favourite book characters when New Line Learning (NLL) Academy, Tiger Primary School and Little Learners Nursery celebrated World Book Day.
Tiger pupils created their own bookmarks and shared reviews and drawings of their favourite books, whilst NLL's performing arts teacher, Mr Minshull, took the nursery children on an adventure around the secondary academy while he read We’re Going on a Bear Hunt.
NLL’s literacy coordinator, Nicola Simmons, said: “The students and staff embraced the essence of World Book Day, which is about celebrating the richness and variety that books bring to our lives. The costumes were imaginative, fun and creative, and provided a great talking point among staff and students.”
- M20 CRASH: Lane blocked following collision in Maidstone
- CRASH: Collision on main road sparks delays in Maidstone
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic lights on busy road in Maidstone
- Brothers to represent GB in European skating championships
- POLL: Does the borough council keep the roads clean and free of flytipping?
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic lights on main road for over 3 weeks near Maidstone
- WARNING: Major travel delays due to 'signalling problem' in Maidstone
- TRAFFIC: Lane closures in Maidstone town centre - expect more delays