Dress-up day brings books alive
Friday 4th April 2014
Staff and pupils dressed up as their favourite book characters when New Line Learning (NLL) Academy, Tiger Primary School and Little Learners Nursery celebrated World Book Day.
Tiger pupils created their own bookmarks and shared reviews and drawings of their favourite books, whilst NLL's performing arts teacher, Mr Minshull, took the nursery children on an adventure around the secondary academy while he read We’re Going on a Bear Hunt.
NLL’s literacy coordinator, Nicola Simmons, said: “The students and staff embraced the essence of World Book Day, which is about celebrating the richness and variety that books bring to our lives. The costumes were imaginative, fun and creative, and provided a great talking point among staff and students.”
- LATEST: Police launch investigation following 'child-snatching' incident
- PANTO REVIEW: Mother Goose at the Marlowe Theatre
- M20 ROADWORKS: more disruption in the next seven days
- ELECTION: Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn in Maidstone today - details
- 'CHILD SNATCH': Police say no reports of alleged abduction in Maidstone
- BLAZE: Person injured in tumble dryer fire in Maidstone
- VOTE NOW: Should Lib Dem council suspend house-building programme?
- SURVEY: Find out how your MP rates in a new study