Drunk driver Mirian Irilem Mirea cheats jail after string of offences
Wednesday 2nd November 2016
A Farleigh Hill man has cheated prison after a string of driving offences.
Marian Irilem Mirea was sentenced on October 28 2016 at Mid Kent Magistrates’ Court after pleading guilty to driving while disqualified, driving without insurance and drink driving.
On August 5 this year, the 29-year-old, of Farleigh Hill, Maidstone, drove a Cirtroen C1 in Station Hill, Maidstone, while disqualified and with no insurance. He gave a breath test of 94 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35 microgrammes.
Magistrates sentenced Mirea to 120 days in prison, suspended for 24 months, and banned him from driving for 52 months. He must also pay £85 costs and a £115 victim surcharge.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- CCTV APPEAL: Car with false number plates linked to Maidstone fuel theft
- LATEST: Person hit by train at West Malling railway station
- BREAKING: Person hit by train near Maidstone
- HAZLITT LATEST: Maidstone performers share their talents to unite theatre-lovers
- CUSTODY: Man charged following knifepoint robbery in Maidstone
- BAILED: Woman 'spilt noxious substance' on shop worker in Maidstone
- HOUSING: Otham 440-houses appeal closes - Maidstone awaits its fate