Drunk who assaulted police officers spared jail
Tuesday 6th September 2016
A drunk man who attacked police officers has been spared jail.
Dale Cooper was sentenced on 28 August 2016 at Mid Kent Magistrates’ Court.
He pleaded guilty to being drunk and disorderly and two counts of assaulting a police officer.
On 27 August 2016 the 52-year-old, of no fixed address, was drunk and disorderly in High Street, Maidstone. He also assaulted two police officers in Maidstone.
Magistrates sentenced Cooper to 21 days in prison, suspended for 12 months. He must also pay a £115 victim surcharge.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- WIN TICKETS TO NEW ODEON LUXE CINEMA
- REMEMBRANCE: Where to find your poppy this year - details
- DUMPED: Dozens of chickens left in village near Maidstone, says RSPCA
- WANTED: Police search for suspect in burglary and assault at service station
- FREE SCHOOL MEALS: County council offers £15 per child to avoid half-term hunger
- SINKHOLE DRAMA: Another land collapse in Barming - close to new homes
- 999 ALERT: Woman injured sparks major emergency scramble - details