EASTER BREAK: Will council be forced to shut Mote park play areas?
Thursday 1st April 2021
MOTE Park's play areas could be shut this Easter after concerns about members of the public not obeying social distancing rules.
Three times the number of people were recently reported using children's facility which is designed for 100, according to reports.
Now that lockdown has been eased, Maidstone Borough Council fears overcrowding could lead to police intervention with the authority having to shut the park.
More than 7,000 users are expected over the bank holiday weekend.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone