ELECTION: Helen Grant targeted in 'Tories kill the poor' vandalism slur
Saturday 30th November 2019
A CONSERVATIVE general election hoarding has been vandalised with a crude message scibbled in dripping red spray paint.
The site near Staplehurst, in support of the Maidstone and the Weald Tory candidate Helen Grant, now reads: "Conservatives kill the poor."
Mrs Grant was unavailable for comment.
But a witness, who drove past the hoarding today said: "It's horrible. The red spray paint is meant to look like blood and it does.
"Whatever anyone think about any of the parties in the general election, this is not acceptable. I am sure Mrs Grant would be upset to see it."
- BLAZE: Person injured in tumble dryer fire in Maidstone
- VOTE NOW: Should Lib Dem council suspend house-building programme?
- SURVEY: Find out how your MP rates in a new study
- LATEST: Busy road to shut for 10 nights in Maidstone
- CHARGED: Two men remain in custody over multiple car key burglaries in Maidstone
- M20: Police stop traffic to conduct migrant search in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Maidstone Crown Court evacuated after fire
- WARNING: Service road to shut in Maidstone