ELECTION: Helen Grant targeted in 'Tories kill the poor' vandalism slur
Saturday 30th November 2019
A CONSERVATIVE general election hoarding has been vandalised with a crude message scibbled in dripping red spray paint.
The site near Staplehurst, in support of the Maidstone and the Weald Tory candidate Helen Grant, now reads: "Conservatives kill the poor."
Mrs Grant was unavailable for comment.
But a witness, who drove past the hoarding today said: "It's horrible. The red spray paint is meant to look like blood and it does.
"Whatever anyone think about any of the parties in the general election, this is not acceptable. I am sure Mrs Grant would be upset to see it."
- BREAKING: Broken down car transporter blocks main road in Maidstone
- GAS LEAK: Long delays on main road for repair works in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Broken down lorry blocks motorway in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Child injured in house blaze near Maidstone
- BREAKING: HGV driver wrecked property and drove off - police called but no show
- GUILTY: Violent bully David Brown faces jail for assault and coercive control
- JAILED: Trucker Jeremy Didesse, 44, chatted on phone before M20 multiple pile-up
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, closures and diversions next week