EURO DISORDER: Four more suspect arrested after football disturbance
Friday 16th July 2021
POLICE have arrested four more suspects following reports of disorder and criminal damage in Maidstone in the wake of England's defeat in the Euro 2020 final.
The incidents happened in Jubilee Square on Sunday July 11 fwhen a car was allegedly damaged and nine officers at the scene reported being assaulted.
Two days later, Kent Police issued an appeal for information containing images of people who they believed may be able to assist the investigation.
On Friday July 16, two men and a teenage boy separately presented themselves at Maidstone police station and were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder.
On the same day, another man was arrested in Eltham, Greater London, on suspicion of violent disorder, assaulting an emergency worker and outraging public decency.
Four men and three teenage boys who were detained between 11 and 15 July in connection with the incidents have been bailed pending further investigation.
Detectives are continuing to appeal for information and are asking anyone with CCTV, dashcam or phone footage of Jubilee Square, between 11pm and midnight, to contact 01622 604100, quoting crime reference number 46/122441/21.
You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555111 or using the anonymous online form on their website.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone