EXTRA PANTO: Queues for show at Hazlitt after rival cancelled its run
Wednesday 19th December 2018
QUEUES of panto-lovers have been forming outside the Hazlitt Theatre this morning to get tickets for an extra performance to be staged for people who lost out when a rival production suddenly cancelled the rest of its run yesterday.
Hundreds of locals who had bought seats for Snow White at The Friars in Aylesford have the chance to get a cut-price deal for Aladdin at the Earls Street venue on New Year's Eve.
Queues starts forming at around 9am this morning, despite the box office not opening until 10am.
Management opened early because of the rain, said Hazlitt spokesman Michelle Woodland.
So far about half of the 350 seats have been sold. Tickets for the extra show cost £11 - around half the standard price - so that the theatre can cover its costs.
The Hazlitt would have been unable to soak up the extra demand as most shows after tomorrow until December 31 are vitually sold out.
Mrs Woodland added: "It's thanks to the crew, the cast and staff members who are not contracted for this show but were delighted to help."
Aladdin stars comic and former EastEnders star, Richard Blackwood.
The management behind Snow White claimed its open-air marquee production had not received the support it need.
- MURDER: MPs pay tribute to Sir David Amess following stabbing
- COVID: Wedding bookings expected to return to 'normal levels' next month
- WILDLIFE: Daddy long legs in 'harmless' invasion
- MAIDSTONE: Brothers keep sporting ambition in the family
- SURVEY: Speeding is 'routine' in Bearsted
- LATEST: Biffa 'sorry' for noisy pre-dawn collections across Maidstone
- WEST MALLING: Unsafe lime trees to be felled at church
- LATEST: Mosque 'will be place for whole community'