Endurance test for Rachel
Wednesday 11th June 2014
MAIDSTONE woman Rachel Smith will be taking part in the South Downs 100 Mile Endurance Run to raise funds for Maidstone and Malling Carers Project.
She said: “I’ll be setting off from Winchester on June 14 at the start of the South Downs Way to run non-stop to its end in Eastbourne. I have to be across the finish line by noon on Sunday, June 15.
“In my early 30s I cared for my husband, who was terminally ill with cancer, so I understand the isolation caring for someone brings. Whilst I had fantastic support from friends and family, nobody could relate to what I was going through. I wish I had known about Maidstone and Malling Carers Project to get help and support. Since then I have worked with MMCP and have met many carers of all ages.
Rachel is taking part in the run during Carers’ Week. Other events include a Carers’ Forum at the Grange Moor Hotel from 10-30am to 12.30pm on June 11, and a carers’ outing to Leeds Castle on June 13.
For more information about the project and Carers’ Week or to sponsor Rachel, call the pProject on 01622 685276.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- CCTV APPEAL: Car with false number plates linked to Maidstone fuel theft
- LATEST: Person hit by train at West Malling railway station
- BREAKING: Person hit by train near Maidstone
- HAZLITT LATEST: Maidstone performers share their talents to unite theatre-lovers
- CUSTODY: Man charged following knifepoint robbery in Maidstone
- BAILED: Woman 'spilt noxious substance' on shop worker in Maidstone
- HOUSING: Otham 440-houses appeal closes - Maidstone awaits its fate