England's World Cup success means the Hazlitt cancels show
Monday 9th July 2018
WEDNESDAY evening's celebration of stage and screen at the Hazlitt Theatre has been postponed because of England's World Cup semi-final against Croatia.
Management is worried that due to the theatre's town centre location, the noise from bars screening the match live would have disturbed Tonight's The Night performers on stage.
A Hazlitt spokesman said: "Due to the success of England's football team the Hazlitt management and choir members have decided to postpone the showcase on Wednesday July 11.
"The Hazlitt Theatre sits in amongst several bars and clubs that will be showing the game and any possible noise will disrupt the performance.
"We want to give our fabulous choir every chance to produce an excellent performance therefore, the show will be postponed till September with a date to be confirmed as soon as possible.
"The vote to postpone from the members was overwhelming and we would like to thank them for being accepting of the situation and working with us. Come on England!"
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- CUSTODY: Woman, 31, uses pram to 'steal items from various stores' in Maidstone