England's World Cup success means the Hazlitt cancels show
Monday 9th July 2018
WEDNESDAY evening's celebration of stage and screen at the Hazlitt Theatre has been postponed because of England's World Cup semi-final against Croatia.
Management is worried that due to the theatre's town centre location, the noise from bars screening the match live would have disturbed Tonight's The Night performers on stage.
A Hazlitt spokesman said: "Due to the success of England's football team the Hazlitt management and choir members have decided to postpone the showcase on Wednesday July 11.
"The Hazlitt Theatre sits in amongst several bars and clubs that will be showing the game and any possible noise will disrupt the performance.
"We want to give our fabulous choir every chance to produce an excellent performance therefore, the show will be postponed till September with a date to be confirmed as soon as possible.
"The vote to postpone from the members was overwhelming and we would like to thank them for being accepting of the situation and working with us. Come on England!"
- BREXIT POLL - should there be a second EU referendum? VOTE!
- M20 disruption in the next few days - full details
- BREXIT POLL: Should we hold a second referendum? Vote now...
- Police looking for man who burgled a Maidstone woman who is in her 90s
- Road closed near Maidstone to fix leaking water main
- Natwest bank online, telephone and mobile customers locked out of their accounts
- Girlguiding event at Leeds Castle
- Van driver cut from wreckage of vehicle after crash near Maidstone