England's World Cup success means the Hazlitt cancels show
Monday 9th July 2018
WEDNESDAY evening's celebration of stage and screen at the Hazlitt Theatre has been postponed because of England's World Cup semi-final against Croatia.
Management is worried that due to the theatre's town centre location, the noise from bars screening the match live would have disturbed Tonight's The Night performers on stage.
A Hazlitt spokesman said: "Due to the success of England's football team the Hazlitt management and choir members have decided to postpone the showcase on Wednesday July 11.
"The Hazlitt Theatre sits in amongst several bars and clubs that will be showing the game and any possible noise will disrupt the performance.
"We want to give our fabulous choir every chance to produce an excellent performance therefore, the show will be postponed till September with a date to be confirmed as soon as possible.
"The vote to postpone from the members was overwhelming and we would like to thank them for being accepting of the situation and working with us. Come on England!"
- ASSAULT: Woman kicked in face by man in Week St, Maidstone - did you see it?
- EVENT: The Multicultural Society to put on charity fashion show in Maidstone
- CHARITY: League donates £50k to Maidstone Hospital
- WARNING: Stay out of lakes after 'deadly bird bug' outbreak in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: Lanes remain blocked following vehicle blaze
- 5 YEARS: Dangerous driver jailed after killing 22-year-old man near Maidstone
- COURT: Serial shoplifter Matthew Gillett stole hoover to buy heroin in Maidstone
- ALERT: M20 closed as fire crews fight vehicle blaze