Excited Mayor opens children's play area near Maidstone
Thursday 21st February 2019
NEW playground equipment has been donated to an outdoor play area in Ulcombe.
The Mayor of Maidstone, Cllr David Naghi, revealed the new play facilities at a celebration attended by local parents and their children on February 16.
The new and improved apparatus cost approximately £20,000.
Cllr Naghi said: “I was delighted to open this revamped new play area in Ulcombe Village. It’s a fantastic facility for the local area and I am sure that the facilities will be enjoyed by those in the local community for years to come.”
“The new play area at Ulcombe is a resource which can be enjoyed by everyone and is a great addition to sit alongside the borough’s fantastic public parks, which have won national acclaim and awards for their high environmental standards, impeccable maintenance and excellent visitor attractions."
The cost was shared by Ulcombe Parish Council and the borough and county councils.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone