FATAL CRASH: Man, 20, killed in motorway collision with lorry
Wednesday 9th October 2019
OFFICERS are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision on the M2 near Medway.
Kent Police was called to the coastbound carriageway of the motorway near the services between junctions 4 and 5 at 1.36pm on Tuesday, October 8 2019 where a collision had taken place involving a white lorry and grey BMW estate car.
A man aged in his 20s sustained fatal injuries and died at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving and was taken into police custody.
An investigation into the collision is being carried out by the Serious Collision Investigation Unit (SCIU) who are asking drivers to check their dashcams for anything which might assist their enquiries.
People who witnessed the collision are asked to call the SCIU appeal line on 01622 798538 quoting RY/FM/108/19.
- HOUSING: Campaign petition starts against Lib Dem council's 14-floor tower block
- FINED: Jason Yardley drunkenly smashed his way out of bus in Maidstone
- Leeds land could be used for retirement complex expansion
- TRAFFIC NEWS: Broken down bus causing delays in Maidstone
- COURT SHAME: Gareth Bailey threatened to torch girlfriend's house in Maidstone
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, disruption and diversions - full details
- COURT: Carl Bailey's drunken outburst at police in Maidstone town centre
- Expert gives talk on menopause - details