FATAL CRASH: Man, 20, killed in motorway collision with lorry
Wednesday 9th October 2019
OFFICERS are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision on the M2 near Medway.
Kent Police was called to the coastbound carriageway of the motorway near the services between junctions 4 and 5 at 1.36pm on Tuesday, October 8 2019 where a collision had taken place involving a white lorry and grey BMW estate car.
A man aged in his 20s sustained fatal injuries and died at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving and was taken into police custody.
An investigation into the collision is being carried out by the Serious Collision Investigation Unit (SCIU) who are asking drivers to check their dashcams for anything which might assist their enquiries.
People who witnessed the collision are asked to call the SCIU appeal line on 01622 798538 quoting RY/FM/108/19.
- CASHLESS COUNCIL: Maidstone BC has not finalised PayPoint contract - details
- HOUSING: Historic East Farleigh must be kept special - campaigner
- POLICE APPEAL: Did you see supermarket smash and grab robbers?
- M20 ROADWORKS: Details of closures in the week ahead
- LORRY DRAMA: Polish truck narrowly avoids disaster
- STORE ROBBERY: Theives attempt smash and grab at supermarket near Maidstone
- HOUSE BLAZE: GoFundMe page set up to help family after Maidstone house fire
- Loose Road reopens after closure for house fire