FA CUP: Maidstone United draw Rochdale in first round
Tuesday 18th October 2016
Maidstone United have been drawn at home to Rochdale in the first round of the Emirates FA Cup.
It means the Stones are two rounds away from getting into the draw with Premier League sides.
MUFC will host the League One side at the Gallagher Stadium.
Rochdale are fourth in Sky Bet League One with six wins, three draws and four defeats so far.
This is the third year in a row that Jay Saunders’ side have made it to this stage.
The first round draw was made up of 32 winners from the fourth qualifying round and 48 clubs from League One and League Two, who start their campaign at this stage.
Matches will be played the weekend of 5 to 6 November. First round winners will pocket £18,000 in prize money and edge ever closer to that much sought after third round where teams from the Premier League and Championship enter the competition.
Ticket information will be announced in the next day or so.
- CLOSURE: Broken down vehicle on M20 near Maidstone
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details