FLOODING: Environment Agency issue flood warning across Maidstone
Tuesday 28th January 2020
A FLOOD alert has been issued by the Environment Agency for the Lower River Medway.
Flooding is possible for: The River Medway from Hampstead Lock at Yalding to Allington Lock, including East Farleigh, Wateringbury, Teston and Teston Park, Tovil and Maidstone including Millennium Park.
A MBC spokesman said: "Avoid using low lying footpaths alongside the river Medway, particularly tow paths in the Maidstone area."
The Environment Agency posted a statement: "River levels are rising in response to heavy rainfall yesterday. We therefore believe there is a possibility of flooding for low lying land and roads along the River Medway, particularly footpaths and riverside areas in the Maidstone area.
"We also believe there is a possibility of flooding for low lying land and roads along the River Medway particularly around Aylesford.
"No further rainfall is forecast today, however we expect river levels to remain high until late this evening. We are closely monitoring the situation."
- GUILTY: Violent bully David Brown faces jail for assault and coercive control
- JAILED: Trucker Jeremy Didesse, 44, chatted on phone before M20 multiple pile-up
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, closures and diversions next week
- EXCLUSIVE: Archbishop's Palace could be turned into posh boutique hotel
- M20 DELAYS: Crash causes problems this rush hour
- CHARGED: Anthony Bashford, 46, 'stole' bank card to buy cigarettes and alcohol
- DAVID BROWN: My accuser is a 'raging coke head' - attack trial told
- FLY-TIPPING: We must start to police this scourge - campaigner Simon Webb