FOOTBALL: Stones take on Braintree Town at home tomorrow - details
Monday 15th August 2016
The Stones are back in front of a Gallagher Stadium crowd tomorrow night when they take on Braintree Town FC in the Vanarama National League.
Maidstone, currently in mid-table after three matches, beat Chester City 3-1 on Saturday.
The scorers were Anthony Acheampong, Ben Greenhalgh and Alex Flisher and lifted Jay Saunders’ side to tenth after the opening week of the season.
Braintree, who finished runners-up last season, have had a more challenging start to this campaign. After draws against North Ferriby United and Eastleigh, they were on the wrong side of a 3-1 scoreline against Macclesfield Town at the weekend – Lee Barnard scoring a consolation goal nine minutes from time.
Tuesday’s match is pay on the day and gates open at 18.15 with kick off at 19.45pm.
- CLOSURE: Broken down vehicle on M20 near Maidstone
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details