FOUND: Police arrest man in connection to Land Rover theft near Maidstone
Thursday 25th April 2019
PATROL teams searching for a stolen Land Rover from Lenham have arrested a man in connection with the theft.
At around 11.30pm on Wednesday, April 24 2019, the officers were alerted to the theft of the vehicle from an address in the High Street, Lenham.
Following an extensive search, the Land Rover was found in Vicarage Lane, Faversham where it had been abandoned after it is believed to have become stuck in some mud.
Our patrols then spotted a suspicious car which left the area at speed. The officers followed, stopped the car and arrested the driver on suspicion of theft, going equipped to steal and disqualified driving.
The 31-year-old man from Harrietsham remains in custody while the investigation continues.
- Landowner reveals 1,000 homes plans as council 'call for sites' deadline passes
- WARNING: Restrictions in place from next week on rural road - details
- Shaina Marston and Damian Parsonage accused of stealing meat and Easter eggs
- CRASH: Collision blocks roundabout near Maidstone - expect long delays
- Busy village road near Maidstone to shut for urgent road works
- Drunken science teacher smashed car into lamp post in Maidstone
- LIFE IN PRISON: Minimum 32 years for house blaze killer Simon Childs
- Tributes to Lib Dem activist and ex-Mayor Brian Mortimer who died this morning