FOUND: Police arrest man in connection to Land Rover theft near Maidstone
Thursday 25th April 2019
PATROL teams searching for a stolen Land Rover from Lenham have arrested a man in connection with the theft.
At around 11.30pm on Wednesday, April 24 2019, the officers were alerted to the theft of the vehicle from an address in the High Street, Lenham.
Following an extensive search, the Land Rover was found in Vicarage Lane, Faversham where it had been abandoned after it is believed to have become stuck in some mud.
Our patrols then spotted a suspicious car which left the area at speed. The officers followed, stopped the car and arrested the driver on suspicion of theft, going equipped to steal and disqualified driving.
The 31-year-old man from Harrietsham remains in custody while the investigation continues.
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: Car wash owner knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
- MUSIC ON THE GREEN: Getting ready for the big day this weekend in Bearsted
- JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
- Abusive Juliette Waghorn jailed for knife attack on husband at Leeds home