FUEL SHORTAGES: Military tanker drivers deliver fuel across Kent
Tuesday 5th October 2021
MILITARY tanker drivers are continuing to deliver fuel across Kent.
The Petrol Retailers' Association announced yesterday that Maidstone is one of the worst affected areas for fuel shortages.
It is reported that almost 200 military personnel were due to be deployed from Monday, including 100 drivers.
Owner of Parkfoot garage in West Malling, David Charman said: "It's absolutely dreadful. The situation has been like this for some months, but we had a normal supply, so there was no problem.
"But after some of the coverage in the media, demand shot up. It's human nature and it's sensible - not panic buying. The whole situation has not been helped by the supermarkets not selling fuel during the day because they don't want the shop sales affected."
- LATEST: Confusing parking and fines 'driving trade away' from village
- HOUSING CRISIS: Indy councillors call for Local Plan review extension
- URGENT APPEAL: Two miniature dachshunds stolen in East Farleigh burglary
- XMAS: Tony Hudgell to sing carols with the Duchess of Cambridge tomorrow
- BREAKING: Crash blocks main road in Maidstone - details
- CLOSING: NatWest to shut next year in West Malling
- OPEN: Tesco shop and petrol station is back in business
- GAS WORKS: Temporary lights on main road in Aylesford