Family raise cash for Yalding charity in Cambridge run
Monday 12th March 2018
PLENTY of puff was dispensed by the trustee of a Yalding charity and his daughters at this month’s Cambridge Half marathon.
But the efforts on March 4 of Paul Fletcher and his daughters Katherine and Nicola have raised nearly £1,100 for the Kenward Trust.
Paul Fletcher, a trustee of the charity, said: “We had a great day, with ideal running conditions and fantastic supporters; a real sense of achievement all round thanks to all those who generously gave in support of the great work at Kenward.”
Lynn Hyder, director of community services at Kenward Trust, added: “The money will help us to continue to provide vital rehabilitation and support services to those affected by alcohol and substance dependency and we are incredibly grateful for the family’s support in this way.”
Kenward is holding a 5km fun run on July 8 as part of its 50th anniversary celebrations. To get involved with this, or any other fundraising event for the trust, visit kenwardtrust.org.uk.
- 21/06/2018 - TRAFFIC UPDATE: Traffic lights causing congestion in Maidstone village
- 21/06/2018 - TRAFFIC NEWS: Problems on the A249 this morning - expect delays
- 20/06/2018 - Temporary traffic lights causing delays through Leeds
- 20/06/2018 - ROAD WORKS: Busy street set for closure next week
- 20/06/2018 - Sutton Valence charity water slide back on
- 20/06/2018 - Mystery over early morning helicopter reports
- 19/06/2018 - Maidstone mother and son who died at Beachy Head named by police
- 19/06/2018 - County show sets new standard for recycling plastic