Family raise cash for Yalding charity in Cambridge run
Monday 12th March 2018
PLENTY of puff was dispensed by the trustee of a Yalding charity and his daughters at this month’s Cambridge Half marathon.
But the efforts on March 4 of Paul Fletcher and his daughters Katherine and Nicola have raised nearly £1,100 for the Kenward Trust.
Paul Fletcher, a trustee of the charity, said: “We had a great day, with ideal running conditions and fantastic supporters; a real sense of achievement all round thanks to all those who generously gave in support of the great work at Kenward.”
Lynn Hyder, director of community services at Kenward Trust, added: “The money will help us to continue to provide vital rehabilitation and support services to those affected by alcohol and substance dependency and we are incredibly grateful for the family’s support in this way.”
Kenward is holding a 5km fun run on July 8 as part of its 50th anniversary celebrations. To get involved with this, or any other fundraising event for the trust, visit kenwardtrust.org.uk.
- BREXIT POLL - should there be a second EU referendum? VOTE!
- M20 disruption in the next few days - full details
- BREXIT POLL: Should we hold a second referendum? Vote now...
- Police looking for man who burgled a Maidstone woman who is in her 90s
- Road closed near Maidstone to fix leaking water main
- Natwest bank online, telephone and mobile customers locked out of their accounts
- Girlguiding event at Leeds Castle
- Van driver cut from wreckage of vehicle after crash near Maidstone