Family tribute to caring young chef killed in a road accident
Wednesday 13th June 2018
The distraught family of a hard-working young chef killed in a collision in Wateringbury have described him as a "kind, caring, loving, conscientious and thoughtful young man".
Emergency services were called to attend an incident at around 12.39am on 10 June 2018 on the A26 Tonbridge Road which involved a motorcyclist on a black Honda bike and a stationary blue Skoda Fabia.
Motorcyclist Ellis Overy, 22, was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Mr Overy's faily said: "Ellis loved life and lived it to the full. He was an outstanding chef, always looking to learn new skills and to better himself to work in the best restaurants and was aiming to get a Michelin star.
"He worked hard and long shifts but always tried to be there for his family, partner and friends. He certainly knew how to party and will be remembered for his legendary house parties much to his poor mum's distress in the morning cleaning up afterwards. On a rare night off, he could be found clubbing in town with his many friends.
"Music was Ellis’ passion and he loved rock music, especially the Foo Fighters who’s logo he had tattooed on his arm. He loved to travel to various muddy fields to listen to great sounds and attended lots of live concerts around the country.
"Ellis loved his bike and was at his happiest riding with his group of friends. He never missed a ‘May Day run’. On more than one occasion a motorbike appeared in the kitchen because it needed some work done on it or needed a proper clean in the sink.
"Ellis will always be remembered as a kind, caring, loving, conscientious and thoughtful young man who will be greatly missed by his parents, brothers, partner, aunts, uncles, friends and everyone that knew him."
Anyone who saw the collision or the motorcycle prior to the collision, is asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit. Officers are particularly interested to speak to the driver of a white estate car, possibly an Audi or Skoda, travelling on Tonbridge Road around the time of the collision as they may have information which can assist the investigation.
Please call 01622 798538 quoting reference RY/NR/080/17. Alternatively you can email email@example.com
- 21/08/2018 - 27-year-old in court on charge of burglary in Yalding
- 21/08/2018 - Tribute to county council's former deputy leader
- 20/08/2018 - Diary date for walkers looking for an outing in September
- 20/08/2018 - CHARGED: Tovil man in custody after being charged with burglary
- 20/08/2018 - Maidstone company limber up for two-day charity event
- 20/08/2018 - Network Rail: Plan ahead when travelling by train over bank holiday weekend
- 20/08/2018 - Headcorn family contacted after body found in wood
- 20/08/2018 - Crews called to fire at flat in Maidstone at the weekend