Fans complain about waiting hours in car waiting to leave Little Mix event
Monday 23rd July 2018
Fans of the Little Mix concert have been making their complaints heard, not about the concert itself but wait trying to leave the event that left some fans sat in the cars for several hours.
The concert at the Detling Showground had a staggering 30,000 people turn out to watch the event, however after the show finished at 9:15pm fans were left stranded in their cars for hours trying to leave but many only managed to arrive home in the early hours of the morning.
Kent Event Centre staff warned fans of the three hour delay, but this warning did not help to calm people’s frustrations with many fans taking to Twitter to complain about the seemingly poorly organised exit routes.
@kentcountyshow Daughter loved @LittleMix last night and had a great time. However, you need to spend more on after show marshals and we didn’t get her home until past 1am. 3 hours to get out of the venue just isn’t on and took the shine off a bit #Kent #LittleMix— Daniel Munn (@Munny_78) July 23, 2018
When you get stuck in the car park after a Little Mix concert in Kent... the little one is happy and about to sleep, as for us long night before we can get anywhere, where are the Marshalls when we need them?? #littlemixsummerhitstour #maidstone— Bruno Milin MIH (@BrunoMilin) July 22, 2018
One report was that attendees were being directed to the the venue via a small footbridge, which soon became so cramped that some fans had to call for paramedics to help them as they became overwhelmed by the crowds.
- M20 UPDATE: Major delays as congestion builds on blocked motorway
- CRASH: Lenham collision - expect additional delays in area
- Collision on sharp bend near Maidstone
- M20 BLOCKED: Traffic at standstill after man falls from bridge
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights near Maidstone
- Kent Police issue warning after series of day time van thefts near Maidstone
- SCHOOLS PLAN: Thurnham Parish Council rejects M20 J7 scheme as 'ludicrous'
- CLOSED: Two day road closure near Maidstone