Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze near Maidstone
Thursday 11th October 2018
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a kitchen blaze in Snodland ealier today.
It happened in Bingley Close and is thought to be accidental.
A Kent Fire & Rescue Service statement said: "Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a two-storey terraced house in Bingley Close, Snodland.
"The occupant was alerted to the fire by workings smoke alarms in the property, and quickly got out of the house, closing the kitchen door to help contain the fire.
"Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished a small fire involving a toaster, using a hose reel jet. They cleared smoke from the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan. There were no casualties. The cause of the fire is being treated as accidental."
- Excited Mayor opens children's play area near Maidstone
- Tory leader's tributes to predecessor who defected to indies
- Road closed for five days near Maidstone
- Maidstone YMCA create short film about all the work staff and parents do
- Artist's exhibition near Maidstone to help fund Parkinson's disease research
- CLOSED: Five day road closure near Maidstone for carriageway repair works
- LEEDS WI: Group celebrates 100 years in village
- M20: Broken traffic lights causing long delays