Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze near Maidstone
Thursday 11th October 2018
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a kitchen blaze in Snodland ealier today.
It happened in Bingley Close and is thought to be accidental.
A Kent Fire & Rescue Service statement said: "Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a two-storey terraced house in Bingley Close, Snodland.
"The occupant was alerted to the fire by workings smoke alarms in the property, and quickly got out of the house, closing the kitchen door to help contain the fire.
"Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished a small fire involving a toaster, using a hose reel jet. They cleared smoke from the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan. There were no casualties. The cause of the fire is being treated as accidental."
- EXCLUSIVE: Maidstone council's High Court battle over relief road cash goes on
- PANTO: Hazlitt steps in to help disappointed Snow White ticket holders
- CLOSED: Three day road closure in Aylesford
- MOST WANTED: Police search for Sara Farmer after serious assault in Maidstone
- Housing association hands out hampers for the lonely
- Hazlitt Theatre to put on extra perfomance after rival panto is cancelled
- Panto at Aylesford Friars folds amid claims of lack of support - local anger
- Burst water pipe in Maidstone causes disruption and delays