Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze near Maidstone
Thursday 11th October 2018
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a kitchen blaze in Snodland ealier today.
It happened in Bingley Close and is thought to be accidental.
A Kent Fire & Rescue Service statement said: "Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a two-storey terraced house in Bingley Close, Snodland.
"The occupant was alerted to the fire by workings smoke alarms in the property, and quickly got out of the house, closing the kitchen door to help contain the fire.
"Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished a small fire involving a toaster, using a hose reel jet. They cleared smoke from the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan. There were no casualties. The cause of the fire is being treated as accidental."
- CRASH: Collision causing long delays on main road in Maidstone
- WEATHER: Met Office announce heatwave warning for Kent
- EVENT: Tyson Fury is coming to Maidstone
- LATEST: Road to shut for six weeks in Maidstone
- WARNING: Footway closure near Maidstone
- WARNING: Road shuts for pothole repair works near Maidstone
- WARNING: Six day road closure to repair electricity fault near Maidstone
- DONATION: Charity benefits as planning campaign continues in Marden