Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze near Maidstone
Thursday 11th October 2018
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a kitchen blaze in Snodland ealier today.
It happened in Bingley Close and is thought to be accidental.
A Kent Fire & Rescue Service statement said: "Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a two-storey terraced house in Bingley Close, Snodland.
"The occupant was alerted to the fire by workings smoke alarms in the property, and quickly got out of the house, closing the kitchen door to help contain the fire.
"Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished a small fire involving a toaster, using a hose reel jet. They cleared smoke from the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan. There were no casualties. The cause of the fire is being treated as accidental."
- M20 ROADWORKS: Details of closures and disruption in coming days
- Headcorn to get a new nursery at primary school
- Leeds Castle launches 900th anniversary celebrations for 201C
- UPDATE: Kent Highways release update on Barming sinkhole road re-opening
- Government confirms its pledge to bring Thameslink rail service to Maidstone
- Take Me Out are giving away free tickets for eleventh series in Maidstone
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: Village reopens after water leak closure
- Stranded couple allowed back home after newborn tragedy