Fun day to help African pupils
Friday 6th June 2014
A CHARITY fun morning to raise money for a school in Uganda is being held at the King George V Memorial Hall, Manor Rise, Bearsted, on Sunday, June 8.
The young people of Holy Cross Church are organising stalls and games to raise funds which will be sent to the Kirima School in Uganda, to buy books for the pupils. The church has had links with the school for many years and last year purchased a number of vital mosquito nets.
This year’s event is being organised by the young members of the Seekers, Rock Solid and the Messy Church.
Anyone who can donate cakes, games or a few hours of their time, is asked to contact Lisa on 07745 682055 or Gareth on 07765 714929. Everyone else is invited along to support the event and spend money!
- TRIBUTE: Royal Mail vans drive through Maidstone in tribute to 'Postie Paul'
- LATEST: Traveller site plans 'not handled consistently' in Maidstone
- The Olympic past of club's sauna revealed
- WARNING: Long delays after double incident on M2
- LATEST: Former cancer patient donates £7,000 to Maidstone Hospital
- New Mayor of Maidstone named as Fay Gooch
- Fly-tipping in Maidstone borough rockets by 31% - Government figures
- LATEST: Work starts on new Lidl supermarket in Ditton