GALLERY: Leeds artist to hold virtual tutorials and online shop
Thursday 2nd April 2020
AS the nation gets to grip with life in virtual lockdown, closer to home, one local artist is doing her bit to keep her community creative.
Antonia Enthoven, of Lower Street, Leeds, hopes to “bring people together” and keep villages occupied by creating virtual tutorials.
The mother of three said: “I have been a part of an artist collective for almost two years. We have a gallery called ArtSpring run completely by the membership of 18 artists, so that includes painters, printmakers, ceramicists, glass artists and jewellers.
“It is a wonderful, supportive community and it was with a heavy heart we decided to temporarily close the gallery in the interest of keeping everyone well.
“The gallery had recently started an online shop, so it is there we are now focusing our creative energies and hoping to extend it possibly to online tutorials from some of our members.
To access the website, go to www.artspringgallery.co.uk. You can also visit the Facebook page at ArtSpring Gallery.
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- Fury grows on planning 421 houses in Otham - plea for Government call-in
- 999: Firefighters tackle 'accidental' outhouse fire in East Farleigh
- JOHN EMERY: The 'D-Day Dodger' turns 100
- CLOSURES: Various roads to shut in Maidstone next month
- Is Golding Homes hiding behind coronavirus on various health and safety issues?
- Hospitals use donated iPads to help Covid-19 patients speak to their families
- CORONAVIRUS: Lockdown sparks huge rise in Maidstone's rat population