GALLERY: Pictures from inside Leeds Castle of its enchanting festival of flowers
Tuesday 17th September 2019
THE popular flower festival at Leeds Castle got off to a flying start with around 10,000 visitors to the spectacle over the weekend.
A castle spokesman described the turn-out as “spectacular”, boosted by the sunshine.
The castle, which this year celebrates its 900th birthday, chose celebration and Lady Baille’s penchant for parties as the theme.
Floral designers from the castle were joined by visiting professionals from the Netherlands and Japan to transform dozens of rooms in the castle in line with the festival theme.
The festival, which was opened by TV gardener Joe Swift, continues until Thursday.
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- Fury grows on planning 421 houses in Otham - plea for Government call-in
- 999: Firefighters tackle 'accidental' outhouse fire in East Farleigh
- JOHN EMERY: The 'D-Day Dodger' turns 100
- CLOSURES: Various roads to shut in Maidstone next month
- Is Golding Homes hiding behind coronavirus on various health and safety issues?
- Hospitals use donated iPads to help Covid-19 patients speak to their families
- CORONAVIRUS: Lockdown sparks huge rise in Maidstone's rat population