GALLERY: Pictures from inside Leeds Castle of its enchanting festival of flowers
Tuesday 17th September 2019
THE popular flower festival at Leeds Castle got off to a flying start with around 10,000 visitors to the spectacle over the weekend.
A castle spokesman described the turn-out as “spectacular”, boosted by the sunshine.
The castle, which this year celebrates its 900th birthday, chose celebration and Lady Baille’s penchant for parties as the theme.
Floral designers from the castle were joined by visiting professionals from the Netherlands and Japan to transform dozens of rooms in the castle in line with the festival theme.
The festival, which was opened by TV gardener Joe Swift, continues until Thursday.
- HOUSING: Campaign petition starts against Lib Dem council's 14-floor tower block
- FINED: Jason Yardley drunkenly smashed his way out of bus in Maidstone
- Leeds land could be used for retirement complex expansion
- TRAFFIC NEWS: Broken down bus causing delays in Maidstone
- COURT SHAME: Gareth Bailey threatened to torch girlfriend's house in Maidstone
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, disruption and diversions - full details
- COURT: Carl Bailey's drunken outburst at police in Maidstone town centre
- Expert gives talk on menopause - details