GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
Wednesday 22nd September 2021
THE Great British Bake Off returned to our screens last night and waved goodbye to a software engineer from Maidstone after three less-than-impressive rounds.
Tom Fletcher (28), described by a fellow contestant as a "true gentleman", joined the ranks of other disastrous debutants on the Channel 4 show.
He was one of 12 bakers on the show presented by Matt Lucas and Noel Fielding but failed to wow judges Dame Prue Leith and Paul Hollywood.
Tom and his family run Dream Steam Ltd (a model railway firm) at he Quarry Wood industrial estate in Aylesford.
He failed in the first challenge to make mini rolls, came fifth in the rond making a malt loaf and messed up the "show stopper".
On the latter, Tom said: "Oh blimey. It's the worst bake I've ever done. That's pretty bad."
When it was announced he was to leave, the contestant said: "Absolutely, that's fair enough. Did not go to plan at all."
- CLOSED: Village road to shut
- WARNING: Fallen tree shuts road near Maidstone
- CCTV APPEAL: Man in his 60s targeted in distraction cash theft
- VAN CRASH: Two men arrested following 'motorcycle theft' near Maidstone
- LIB DEM CRISIS: Two more council resignations being considered
- LOCAL BOOST: Elmer Parade's £7m injection into local economy
- COVID-19 LATEST: Children aged 12 to 15 to be offered jab
- WARNING: Heavy rain to hit Maidstone tonight