Gardens open for hospice
Wednesday 18th June 2014
THE large cottage garden at The Dairy House in Loose will be open as part of the Heart of Kent Hospice Open Gardens Scheme from 2 to 5pm on June 22.
The suggested donation is £5, and admission is free for children, who must be supervised.
Refreshments and toilets will be available in the church, just a short walk away. There is no wheelchair access and no dogs are allowed. There is no parking at the property, so visitors should park at the top of Old Loose Hill.
Another cottage-style garden that is taking part in the scheme is at 51-53 Sutton Road. This will open from 11am to 4pm on Saturday, June 28, and the suggested donation is £3.50. There is limited parking, or visitors can use the No 12 or 82 bus from Maidstone town centre. No children or dogs will be admitted, but there is wheelchair access. Toilets and refreshments will be available, there will be a plant sale and the owner will be on hand to talk about the plants.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone