Get your property marked
Monday 15th December 2014
SHOPPERS in Maidstone are being given the opportunity to get their valuables protectively marked at a number of property marking events in the town centre.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays in December, between 11am and 1pm, local police community support officers will be based in The Mall to mark items such as mobile phones and help with logging the items on online property databases.
Bicycle owners will also be able to get their bikes marked, with six dates booked in at bicycle outlets.
The dates for these are:
18 December, between 2pm and 4pm at Cycles UK in Lower Stone Street
22 and 23 December, between 11am and 1pm at Cycles UK in Lower Stone Street
19, 20 and 21 December, between 11am and 1pm at Evans Cycles in Tonbridge Road
Property marking in The Mall will take place on December 2, 4, 9, 11, 16 and 18 near the information counter.
In addition to the property marking events, anybody who purchases a mobile phone in Maidstone town centre will be given an information leaflet with details on how to secure your phone. Property marking pens will also be available.
PCSO Caroline Wayland said: “Christmas is naturally a very busy time in terms of the sale of items like mobile phones and bicycles so we want to do as much as we can to help residents protect these items, and are working with retailers across the town to do this. The more items that we get marked and logged means it is all the more difficult for people to trade in stolen property and hopefully prevent people becoming a victim of crime.’
- SOUTH EAST WATER: Anger over noisy night work in village near Maidstone
- SOUTHERN WATER: Sewage company 'blames householders' for sewage discharges
- HEATHER HOUSE: Bowls club can no longer play due to community centre closure
- NEW: Knotweed data shows 'map' of infestations in Maidstone
- LATEST: 'Anti-terrorism' gates installed in Maidstone
- COURT: Maidstone man Mark Bond killed deer and caused harm to his dog
- 999 CRASH: Main road blocked in Maidstone - delays
- CUSTODY: Three arrested after stolen car police chase near Maidstone