Girlguiding event at Leeds Castle
Friday 21st September 2018
LEEDS Castle is hosting a Girlguiding event.
Almost 1,000 Brownies and Rainbows with their leaders will gather at on Saturday, September 22 to get their Girlguiding Challenge badge.
The event first launched at the castle in May 2018. Since then, the challenge booklet includes a number of new puzzles, questions and quests to be completed during their visit.
The crowd will arrive at Leeds Castle between 9:30am and 10.30am and they will enjoy a day of activities while completing their Leeds Castle Challenge pack.
The group will tour the Castle and meet Henry VIII, enjoy falconry displays and visit the Education Centre for activities. They will also visit the Maze and other Castle attractions.
They will leave between 4pm and 5.30pm.
Helen Ellis, Head of Education at Leeds Castle said, “We are so delighted to invite 942 Brownies and Rainbows to complete the Leeds Castle Challenge and receive their specially designed badge.
“It’s one of the several activities and charitable events that take place as part of the Leeds Castle Foundation’s mission.”
- Excited Mayor opens children's play area near Maidstone
- Tory leader's tributes to predecessor who defected to indies
- Road closed for five days near Maidstone
- Maidstone YMCA create short film about all the work staff and parents do
- Artist's exhibition near Maidstone to help fund Parkinson's disease research
- CLOSED: Five day road closure near Maidstone for carriageway repair works
- LEEDS WI: Group celebrates 100 years in village
- M20: Broken traffic lights causing long delays