Girlguiding event at Leeds Castle
Friday 21st September 2018
LEEDS Castle is hosting a Girlguiding event.
Almost 1,000 Brownies and Rainbows with their leaders will gather at on Saturday, September 22 to get their Girlguiding Challenge badge.
The event first launched at the castle in May 2018. Since then, the challenge booklet includes a number of new puzzles, questions and quests to be completed during their visit.
The crowd will arrive at Leeds Castle between 9:30am and 10.30am and they will enjoy a day of activities while completing their Leeds Castle Challenge pack.
The group will tour the Castle and meet Henry VIII, enjoy falconry displays and visit the Education Centre for activities. They will also visit the Maze and other Castle attractions.
They will leave between 4pm and 5.30pm.
Helen Ellis, Head of Education at Leeds Castle said, “We are so delighted to invite 942 Brownies and Rainbows to complete the Leeds Castle Challenge and receive their specially designed badge.
“It’s one of the several activities and charitable events that take place as part of the Leeds Castle Foundation’s mission.”
- PANTO: Hazlitt steps in to help disappointed Snow White ticket holders
- CLOSED: Three day road closure in Aylesford
- MOST WANTED: Police search for Sara Farmer after serious assault in Maidstone
- Housing association hands out hampers for the lonely
- Hazlitt Theatre to put on extra perfomance after rival panto is cancelled
- Panto at Aylesford Friars folds amid claims of lack of support - local anger
- Burst water pipe in Maidstone causes disruption and delays
- Arrests after Class A drugs seized outside Mote Park in Maidstone