HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
Friday 23rd August 2019
A 35-year-old man remains in police custody over the stabbing in Headcorn this morning.
The alleged victim is in a London hospital where he is said to be stable.
Police are still at the scene with forensics officers in the station building where the alleged incident took place.
The station remained open to trains and services were not affected.
Local councillor Martin Round said he will write to the Home Secretary Priti Patel today advising her of mounting tensions in the community.
- CLOSED: Emergency water leak repair shuts road for FOUR DAYS - details
- PANTO NEWS: Blazing sunshine for Hazlitt's Beauty & the Beast
- ROAD CLOSURE: Busy highway near Maidstone to shut for BT work - details
- HOUSING: Council announces 5,000 homes for Lenham as 'master developer'
- Kent Police step in to reassure drivers after Highways England blunder
- ARSON: Businessman lost everything when firebug thieves struck his premises
- ANDRE BENT MURDER: More arrests
- Council rejects calls to halt house-building so infrastructure can catch up