HEALTH: Maidstone NHS trust rated best emergency care in country
Friday 16th October 2020
MAIDSTONE and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust has been rated the best performing trust for emergency care in the country.
Recent data indicates that in the seven days up to September 16, the trust was seeing and admitting or discharging over 97% of people attending its emergency departments within the four hour national standard.
A spokesman said: “Meeting the standard means the Trust is providing prompt access to high quality emergency care to patients and that is all thanks to the hard work of MTW staff and its health partners across West Kent.
“Whilst it is the first time the Trust has been rated number one in the performance figures which are released each week by NHS Improvement, MTW has in fact been one of the five best performing emergency departments in the south region for the last 18 months.”
- SHEPWAY FACELIFT: Plans for new housing, shops and green spaces
- CCTV APPEAL: Pair 'stole designer sunglasses' from Boots in Maidstone
- URGENT APPEAL: Town centre attack leaves man with serious head injury
- LORRY BAN: Police act for first time in months to stop illegal HGVs
- ROAD CLOSURE: Drivers' journeys disrupted for essential works - details
- CRASH: Woman, 70s, cut free from wreckage and rushed to hospital
- URGENT APPEAL: Girl 'attacked by man' near Maidstone
- POLITICS: Tories prepare for power after council election victory