HEALTH: Maidstone NHS trust rated best emergency care in country
Friday 16th October 2020
MAIDSTONE and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust has been rated the best performing trust for emergency care in the country.
Recent data indicates that in the seven days up to September 16, the trust was seeing and admitting or discharging over 97% of people attending its emergency departments within the four hour national standard.
A spokesman said: “Meeting the standard means the Trust is providing prompt access to high quality emergency care to patients and that is all thanks to the hard work of MTW staff and its health partners across West Kent.
“Whilst it is the first time the Trust has been rated number one in the performance figures which are released each week by NHS Improvement, MTW has in fact been one of the five best performing emergency departments in the south region for the last 18 months.”
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- GBH CHARGE: Maidstone man Jordan Broad 'attacked woman'
- GRIDLOCK: Village near Maidstone grinds to a halt for traveller funeral
- UPDATE: Sutton Valence pub is saved
- LATEST: £1m plan to rebuild much-loved community centre in Maidstone
- LATEST: Yalding post office faces closure
- RICHARD GREENWOOD: Fifty years fighting for Lenham village
- JAILED: Maidstone cocaine dealer sent to prison for two years