HEART OF KENT HOSPICE: Elmer sculpture vandalised on launch day
Monday 21st June 2021
AN ELMER sculpture has been vandlised in Maidstone town centre.
A total of 51 uniquely designed elephant sculptures have been scattered across Maidstone to raise money for Heart of Kent Hospice in Aylesford.
Elmer's Big Heart of Kent Parade wrote on Twitter: "We’re sorry to say that Where’s Elmer isn’t looking his best this morning. Last night after installation he had his glasses broken.
"A new pair is coming in a few days. We’re sorry about this and ask everyone to love and be kind to our Elmers, they are here for the enjoyment of all."
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone