'HIT AND RUN': Police seek driver after cyclist allegedly struck by car
Thursday 30th July 2020
POLICE are investigating a hit and run incident this morning near Maidstone.
The collision between a car and a male cyclist in Madginford Rd, Bearsted, happened at around 6.30am.
The driver allegedly left the scene before police arrived.
The injured man was rushed to hospital by ambulance.
Police sealed off the road in both directions (pictured).
A statement said: "Kent Police was called at 6.30am on Thursday 30 July 2020 regarding a collision involving a car and a cyclist in Madginford Road, Bearsted.
"Officers attended the scene where the vehicle had left prior to their arrival. The cyclist was treated for injuries by South East Coast Ambulance Service and he was conveyed to a local hospital for further medical attention.
"Enquiries are ongoing to identify the driver of the vehicle and officers are appealing for anybody who witnessed the incident, or any motorists with dashcam who were in the area at the time, to call Kent Police on 01622 604100, quoting reference 30-0205."
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- LATEST: Plan for 80 flats on former Somerfield Hospital site
- SPORTS: The Mote features in cricket grounds book
- LATEST: Kent Covid-19 deaths reach 1,650
- NEW M&S: Eclipse Park store opens tomorrow - details
- BREAKING: Police attend broken down vehicle on main road near Maidstone
- CLOSED: Delays and disruption as burst water main shuts road near Maidstone
- DELAYS: New roundabout works near Maidstone