HOUSE BLAZE: GoFundMe page set up to help family after Maidstone house fire
Friday 17th January 2020
AN ONLINE collection has been launched to help the family whose house was damaged by fire yesterday.
A child was rescued from the roof of the building in Loose Rd, Maidstone, after a blaze broke out.
The famili's pet dog reportedly died in the fire, which may have been caused by a toaster.
The fire brigade was called at around 2.40pm. Four engines were called and Loose Road was sealed off in both directions for a short time while 999 crews carried out the rescue and extinguished the fire.
A GofFundMe page has already raised £640.
The page reads: "I am setting up this GoFundMe page to help a family in desperate need. This afternoon one of our good friends received a phone call to say his family home was on fire. He lives at home with his mum and 4 brothers. Unfortunately, their dog died in the accident."
It is understood a mother and her children live in the house.
- GUILTY: Violent bully David Brown faces jail for assault and coercive control
- JAILED: Trucker Jeremy Didesse, 44, chatted on phone before M20 multiple pile-up
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, closures and diversions next week
- EXCLUSIVE: Archbishop's Palace could be turned into posh boutique hotel
- M20 DELAYS: Crash causes problems this rush hour
- CHARGED: Anthony Bashford, 46, 'stole' bank card to buy cigarettes and alcohol
- DAVID BROWN: My accuser is a 'raging coke head' - attack trial told
- FLY-TIPPING: We must start to police this scourge - campaigner Simon Webb