HOUSING NEWS: Another 400 units to be built at Kings Hill - details
Wednesday 3rd February 2021
ANOTHER 400-plus houses will soon be built in Kings Hill.
Developer Bellway Homes has acquired four sites and would bring the number of units at the former RAF base to nearly 4,000.
Oultine planning permission was granted in 2019.
Bellway - which has offices at Kings Hill - will construct 140 flats on two sites with 40% being affordable, either rentals or shared ownership.
The second stage will comprise 210 homes on 21 acres at Jubilee Way, comprising flats of which 40% are to be afforadable.
The other site will have 52 houses for commercial, market sale.
Building work is already well-advanced on Lysander Fields which was started last autumn.
- MURDER: MPs pay tribute to Sir David Amess following stabbing
- COVID: Wedding bookings expected to return to 'normal levels' next month
- WILDLIFE: Daddy long legs in 'harmless' invasion
- MAIDSTONE: Brothers keep sporting ambition in the family
- SURVEY: Speeding is 'routine' in Bearsted
- LATEST: Biffa 'sorry' for noisy pre-dawn collections across Maidstone
- WEST MALLING: Unsafe lime trees to be felled at church
- LATEST: Mosque 'will be place for whole community'