Headcorn High Court battle over 220 homes at Hazelpits Farm
Wednesday 5th April 2017
“Now we just have to wait and see.”
That was the verdict of Headcorn Parish Council chairman Lyn Selby after spending a day at the High Court in London yesterday (April 4).
She was joined by council colleagues and a legal team as they took on the potential developer and landowner of Hazelpits Farm.
“It was very tiring spending time sitting on uncomfortable wooden benches hearing our team take on the barristers from Maidstone Borough Council (MBC) and the developers,” she said.
“Now the judge will go away with her bundles of evidence paper and give us a decision, probably in a couple of weeks’ time.”
Headcorn Parish Council sparked a Judicial Review of the 220-homes plan after MBC gave it the green light.
We reported last month how homeowners in the village had been sent leaflets from the developer accusing Headcorn PC of wasting its money on the fight.
- A249 SMASH: Woman airlifted to hospital after crash - full details
- M20 SHUTS: Drivers face disruption - traffic spilling into A20
- RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch is back - see how you can take part
- HEALTH REPORT: 'Inadequate' Albion Place Medical Centre in special measures
- Graffiti artists find their work blitzed by high-pressure sprayers in clean-up
- STOLEN: £3,000 electric bicycle pinched outside Maidstone bank
- M20 COLLISION: Dog survives M-way hit with vehicle - details
- M20 DEATH: Man found dead near motorway, say police