Hundreds of children enjoy Demelza's pumpkin hunt in West Malling
Tuesday 30th October 2018
OVER 500 children took part in the Demelza Hospice Care for Children pumpkin hunt event in West Malling on Friday, October 26.
Youngsters dressed up in spooky outfits for the event, with costumes including witches, wizards, zombies and lots of unicorns.
There were four pumpkin hunts in the town setting off at four different times during the afternoon, starting at St Mary’s Abbey in Swan Street.
Children were given their own Pumpkin Passport to get stamped in order to receive treats at stops along the route.
The event raised funds for the charity which provides specialist care and emotional support for children with terminal conditions and their loved ones, so they can enjoy their time together as a family.
Kat Cordrey, Senior Community Fundraiser, said: “It was a great afternoon. The children taking part had lots of fun, as did their parents. We’d like to say thank you to all who supported the event including our sponsors Pumpkin Moon and The Swan.”
- CLOSED: Village road to shut
- WARNING: Fallen tree shuts road near Maidstone
- CCTV APPEAL: Man in his 60s targeted in distraction cash theft
- VAN CRASH: Two men arrested following 'motorcycle theft' near Maidstone
- LIB DEM CRISIS: Two more council resignations being considered
- LOCAL BOOST: Elmer Parade's £7m injection into local economy
- COVID-19 LATEST: Children aged 12 to 15 to be offered jab
- WARNING: Heavy rain to hit Maidstone tonight