INQUEST: How did youngest son of Fred and Rose West die?
Tuesday 13th April 2021
THE inquest into the death of the youngest son of notorious serial killers Fred and Rose West begins this morning in Maidstone.
Barry West (40) was found dead at a hostel in Barming on August 28.
The inquest, expected to last all day, will be held at County Hall.
Mr West had a long history of drug addiction and psychiatric problems as a result of his upbringing in the West family home in Cromwell Street, Gloucester.
He claims to have witnesses the violent death of his sister Heather (16) when he was aged seven.
Whether his issues contributed to his death may be determined today by the coroner.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone