JAILED: Delivery driver sent to prison for over 10 indecent exposure offences
Thursday 14th March 2019
A DELIVERY driver from Snodland has been jailed after exposing himself at various locations including in a supermarket.
Robert Jenner (44) of Bingley Close was found guilty of 10 counts of indecent exposure following a trial at Canterbury Crown Court. Jenner carried out the offences in a number of areas across west Kent.
Between December 7 and 13 2017, while working as a parcel delivery driver in Maidstone, he would approach customers wearing clothing which left him deliberately exposed.
Jenner also entered a supermarket twice in Larkfield wearing trousers he had altered. The material was cut from the crotch area to ensure he was exposed. On one occasion a member of staff refused to serve him at a checkout and after making his purchase with another employee he made a hasty exit.
On repeated occasions he was seen by visitors to Leybourne Lakes County Park, wearing see through shorts. Witnesses reported him running past areas frequented by families and children.
Wearing what victims described as ‘see through tights’, on September 8 Jenner then entered two shops in Maidstone. Police located him, still wearing the clothing, as he attempted to leave a town centre car park in his van. He was arrested, charged and remanded in custody, pending a trial.
PC Robert Fagg said: “Jenner claimed he was simply a naturist and would argue there was nothing wrong with his behaviour. The reality is that he manipulated and altered clothing to deliberately expose himself.
“When working as a delivery driver he would ensure he was exposed whilst asking customers to sign for parcels. His intention to shock and provoke has also been repeatedly demonstrated in a supermarket as well as locations where there would have been children.”
“Jenner’s actions have ultimately caused fear, distress and anxiety to a number of victims and a he is now paying the price with a custodial sentence.”
On Thursday March 14 2019 he was sentenced to two years’ imprisonment. Jenner was also added to the sex offenders’ register for 10 years and made subject to a criminal behaviour order for seven years.
- Landowner reveals 1,000 homes plans as council 'call for sites' deadline passes
- WARNING: Restrictions in place from next week on rural road - details
- Shaina Marston and Damian Parsonage accused of stealing meat and Easter eggs
- CRASH: Collision blocks roundabout near Maidstone - expect long delays
- Busy village road near Maidstone to shut for urgent road works
- Drunken science teacher smashed car into lamp post in Maidstone
- LIFE IN PRISON: Minimum 32 years for house blaze killer Simon Childs
- Tributes to Lib Dem activist and ex-Mayor Brian Mortimer who died this morning