JAILED: Heroin and crack cocaine dealer jailed for sofa drugs stash in Maidstone
Friday 15th March 2019
A DRUG dealer tried to avoid arrest by hiding more than 200 deals of heroin and cocaine at a Maidstone address.
Michael Boateng-Sakyi (26,) of Garratt Lane, Tooting had a police house visit on June 27 3017 in The Farrows for a routine enquiry.
On their arrival they spotted l Boateng-Sakyi sitting in the lounge and noticed he quickly stuffed a package underneath a sofa as they entered.
The package was found to contain 116 deals of heroin and 112 deals of crack cocaine.
Boateng-Sakyi was arrested and, following analysis, the drugs were estimated to have a street value of between £2,280 and £4,560.
He was later charged with possession of heroin and cocaine with intent to supply.
Boateng-Sakyi pleaded not guilty at Maidstone Crown Court and on March 14 2019 he was convicted after a three-day trial. He was sentenced the same day to three years and three months in prison.
District Commander, Chief Inspector Ray Quiller said: “This man travelled to Maidstone to deal heroin and cocaine from what he thought was a safe house.
“My officers target those who supply class A drugs and they were alert to Boateng-Sakyi’s efforts to hide the package of deals when they visited this address.
“His prison sentence should act as a deterrent and anyone seeking to travel to Maidstone to supply drugs should be left in no doubt that they will be brought to justice.”
- WARNING: 21 day temporary speed limit near Maidstone
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights in Maidstone
- LATEST: Jeffery Mills, 54, appears in court accused of Shepway murder
- HGV CRASH: Roundabout collision causing long delays in Maidstone
- CLOSED: Hollingbourne Hill to close for drainage works
- CLOSED: Road closure near Maidstone for carriageway works
- SHEPWAY MURDER: Jeffery Mills, 54, charged - full details
- Maidstone rail users fall victim to disruption on the lines over Easter