JAILED: Maidstone man Danny Tiplady gets 20 months for sharing extreme videos
Tuesday 10th July 2018
A MAIDSTONE man who shared extreme videos of sexual abuse, violence and torture has been jailed for 20 months.
Danny Tiplady (20) was found in possession of more than 150 extreme images, many of which he had shared around the world through chat groups.
Tiplady, of Kent Avenue in Maidstone, pleaded guilty to six counts of making an indecent photograph of a child, three counts of possessing extreme pornographic images and one count of disclosing private sexual photographs with intent to cause distress.
He was jailed at Maidstone Crown Court on Monday July 9, 2018.
The court heard that Tiplady’s offending first came to light on 17 January 2018 when he intentionally disclosed explicit images of a woman over Facebook.
Kent Police were notified and when investigating officers reviewed his phone, they found 15 indecent images of videos of children and 145 videos of extreme pornography.
A search of his address uncovered storage devices at his home address where further indecent images of children were uncovered, along with numerous videos showing extreme violence.
Many of these images were shared by Tiplady over a mobile messaging application which had recipients all over the world sharing the content.
Police Constable Edward Stenzil, the investigating officer for this case, said: "Tiplady’s electronic devices were filled with depraved videos and images of the most extreme kinds of violence, which included real life torture and sexual abuse.
"He actively distributed these images and shared them with people around the world. He has proven that he has a disturbed mind which presents a very real danger to the wider public and the sentence he has received is entirely justified."
- 23/07/2018 - Fans complain about waiting hours in car waiting to leave Little Mix event
- 23/07/2018 - Amber Alert for Kent as heatwave set to last 5 more days
- 23/07/2018 - Operation Stack replacement may not be ready in time for Brexit
- 23/07/2018 - Firefighters tackle large fire at industrial estate near Maidstone
- 20/07/2018 - EXCLUSIVE: True cost to tax-payer of council's failed High Court action
- 20/07/2018 - Hammer wielding thief jailed for two years
- 20/07/2018 - New appointments as county council leader reveals Cabinet shake-up
- 20/07/2018 - Police issue on-line scam alert as Maidstone man duped of thousands