JAILED: Maidstone man Danny Tiplady gets 20 months for sharing extreme videos
Tuesday 10th July 2018
A MAIDSTONE man who shared extreme videos of sexual abuse, violence and torture has been jailed for 20 months.
Danny Tiplady (20) was found in possession of more than 150 extreme images, many of which he had shared around the world through chat groups.
Tiplady, of Kent Avenue in Maidstone, pleaded guilty to six counts of making an indecent photograph of a child, three counts of possessing extreme pornographic images and one count of disclosing private sexual photographs with intent to cause distress.
He was jailed at Maidstone Crown Court on Monday July 9, 2018.
The court heard that Tiplady’s offending first came to light on 17 January 2018 when he intentionally disclosed explicit images of a woman over Facebook.
Kent Police were notified and when investigating officers reviewed his phone, they found 15 indecent images of videos of children and 145 videos of extreme pornography.
A search of his address uncovered storage devices at his home address where further indecent images of children were uncovered, along with numerous videos showing extreme violence.
Many of these images were shared by Tiplady over a mobile messaging application which had recipients all over the world sharing the content.
Police Constable Edward Stenzil, the investigating officer for this case, said: "Tiplady’s electronic devices were filled with depraved videos and images of the most extreme kinds of violence, which included real life torture and sexual abuse.
"He actively distributed these images and shared them with people around the world. He has proven that he has a disturbed mind which presents a very real danger to the wider public and the sentence he has received is entirely justified."
- WARNING: 21 day temporary speed limit near Maidstone
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights in Maidstone
- LATEST: Jeffery Mills, 54, appears in court accused of Shepway murder
- HGV CRASH: Roundabout collision causing long delays in Maidstone
- CLOSED: Hollingbourne Hill to close for drainage works
- CLOSED: Road closure near Maidstone for carriageway works
- SHEPWAY MURDER: Jeffery Mills, 54, charged - full details
- Maidstone rail users fall victim to disruption on the lines over Easter