JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
Friday 23rd August 2019
A WOMAN jailed for stabbing her husband had been in court just months ago for hurling a bottle at a policeman.
Juliet Waghorn (52) was sent to prison this week for plunging a nine inch blade into her partner’s hand during a row at their home in Leeds, near Maidstone.
A court was told Waghorn grabbed the weapon from a carving block and lunged towards the victim who sustained his injuries defending himself.
Later she was found by police at the same address and in breach of her bail conditions and again used the knife to threaten officers.
Back in March, Daily Downs Mail reported how drunken Waghorn hurled a bottle at a police officer who had been sent to help her to locate her husband.
Mr Waghorn vanished after a row on Valentine’s Day. On that occasion Waghorn was fined £285 including £50 compensation to the officer.
Waghorn, a part time secretary, pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer.
- BREAKING: Broken down car transporter blocks main road in Maidstone
- GAS LEAK: Long delays on main road for repair works in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Broken down lorry blocks motorway in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Child injured in house blaze near Maidstone
- BREAKING: HGV driver wrecked property and drove off - police called but no show
- GUILTY: Violent bully David Brown faces jail for assault and coercive control
- JAILED: Trucker Jeremy Didesse, 44, chatted on phone before M20 multiple pile-up
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, closures and diversions next week