JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
Friday 23rd August 2019
A WOMAN jailed for stabbing her husband had been in court just months ago for hurling a bottle at a policeman.
Juliet Waghorn (52) was sent to prison this week for plunging a nine inch blade into her partner’s hand during a row at their home in Leeds, near Maidstone.
A court was told Waghorn grabbed the weapon from a carving block and lunged towards the victim who sustained his injuries defending himself.
Later she was found by police at the same address and in breach of her bail conditions and again used the knife to threaten officers.
Back in March, Daily Downs Mail reported how drunken Waghorn hurled a bottle at a police officer who had been sent to help her to locate her husband.
Mr Waghorn vanished after a row on Valentine’s Day. On that occasion Waghorn was fined £285 including £50 compensation to the officer.
Waghorn, a part time secretary, pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer.
- CLOSED: Emergency water leak repair shuts road for FOUR DAYS - details
- PANTO NEWS: Blazing sunshine for Hazlitt's Beauty & the Beast
- ROAD CLOSURE: Busy highway near Maidstone to shut for BT work - details
- HOUSING: Council announces 5,000 homes for Lenham as 'master developer'
- Kent Police step in to reassure drivers after Highways England blunder
- ARSON: Businessman lost everything when firebug thieves struck his premises
- ANDRE BENT MURDER: More arrests
- Council rejects calls to halt house-building so infrastructure can catch up