JAILED: Violent Snodland thug abused, headbutted and spat at police officers
Wednesday 26th May 2021
A VIOLENT thug who headbutted, abused and spat at police officers has been jailed for six months.
Kenneth Britcher, 32, of Willowside, Snodland, bit a police constable and struck another in the face during his arrest in September 2020.
He proceeded to spit at a policeman and scream ‘I hope you get Covid’.
Britcher later appeared to become unwell and a female officer assisted him by holding a bucket in case he needed to be sick. He turned his head from the bucket and spat in her face.
Four months later police were called to Britcher’s home again in connection to another disturbance.
He was taken to hospital for medical attention and, whilst waiting to be seen by a doctor, he started shouting and swearing at the officers.
He headbutted one of the constables in the chest, forcing him backwards.
Britcher pleaded guilty to five counts of assault by beating of an emergency worker.
He also admitted charges of being drunk and disorderly, criminal damage and an unrelated shoplifting offence.
District Commander for Tonbridge and Malling, Chief Inspector Omid Changizi, said: “Britcher’s behaviour was utterly abhorrent.
“Every day our officers are required to attend unpredictable, challenging and sometimes volatile situations. However, like any other job, officers should be able to perform their roles without being the subject of such disgusting and potentially dangerous actions.
“Any assaults on police officers and staff are completely unacceptable and we will not hesitate to prosecute those who put their safety and the safety of other emergency workers at risk in this way.”
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone