Jazz festival in town
Monday 9th June 2014
THE Invicta Jazz Orchestra, led by Scott Jenkins, will be treating shoppers to a day of music in Jubilee Square on June 28.
A marquee is being erected is being erected in case of bad weather, but there will also be some deckchairs in case the sun shines on the event, from 10am to 4pm.
Java Jam will be first up, from 10am to 12.30pm, followed by the Invicta Jazz Orchestra from 1.30-4pm. Urban Blue will be on site during the day.
The jazz orchestra will be giving a preview of the event in a concert of jazz standards on the Friday night, June 27, in St Nicholas Church in Poplar Grove, Allington. The concert is free and doors open at 7.30pm. There will be a collection for church funds.
- BIRTHDAY APPEAL: Can you help Ivy Watson mark her 100th birthday?
- 'DRINK DRIVE': Katy Sue Lafferty up in court on Monday on booze charges
- CLOSED: Road to shut for street light works near Maidstone
- VILLAGE CLOSURE: Road to shut with no diversion route
- POLICE FIGURES: More than 10% of Kent's sex offenders live in Maidstone
- Leeds am-dram raises £400 for charities after summer plays
- LATEST: 'Extinct' Maidstone bee found in country parkland
- BREAKING: Multiple traffic lights not working in Maidstone