Jazz festival in town
Monday 9th June 2014
THE Invicta Jazz Orchestra, led by Scott Jenkins, will be treating shoppers to a day of music in Jubilee Square on June 28.
A marquee is being erected is being erected in case of bad weather, but there will also be some deckchairs in case the sun shines on the event, from 10am to 4pm.
Java Jam will be first up, from 10am to 12.30pm, followed by the Invicta Jazz Orchestra from 1.30-4pm. Urban Blue will be on site during the day.
The jazz orchestra will be giving a preview of the event in a concert of jazz standards on the Friday night, June 27, in St Nicholas Church in Poplar Grove, Allington. The concert is free and doors open at 7.30pm. There will be a collection for church funds.
- TRIBUTE: Royal Mail vans drive through Maidstone in tribute to 'Postie Paul'
- LATEST: Traveller site plans 'not handled consistently' in Maidstone
- The Olympic past of club's sauna revealed
- WARNING: Long delays after double incident on M2
- LATEST: Former cancer patient donates £7,000 to Maidstone Hospital
- New Mayor of Maidstone named as Fay Gooch
- Fly-tipping in Maidstone borough rockets by 31% - Government figures
- LATEST: Work starts on new Lidl supermarket in Ditton