KIDNAP: Man 'punched and dragged from his truck' in Headcorn - man charged
Thursday 27th May 2021
A TRUCK driver was allegedly punched in the face and dragged from his vehicle in Headcorn.
The incident happened at around 2.15pm on Saturday, April 17.
The victim had been travelling in a Ford Transit flatbed truck when he was approached by two men in a car park off the High Street.
The men reportedly assaulted him and put the victim into a car. He was then driven to other locations and threats were made to him to hand over another vehicle he owned.
Police arrested Danny Frankham, 29, of Water Lane, Harrietsham on April 22. Mr Frankham was charged with kidnap and two counts of blackmail.
He appeared at Medway Magistrates’ Court on the following day and is currently remanded in custody. The date of the next court hearing is unconfirmed.
Anyone who recognises the man or has information that may assist the investigation is urged to call Kent Police on 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/64688/21.
You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or by using the anonymous online form.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone