Kent ferry firm teams up with Beano for special edition
Thursday 11th August 2016
Kent ferry operator DFDS has teamed up with the Beano comic for the chance to own an exclusive edition of the national treasure this summer.
The cross-Channel company has teamed up publisher DC Thomson as part of its 150th anniversary celebratiions.
More than 120,000 copies pf the Beano - which features favourites such as Dennis the Menace, Mini the Minx and the Bash Street Kids - will be distributed on board free of charge.
The special edition features all the favourite characters aboard DFDS ferries.
It is the first time DC Thomson has partnered with a travel firm to produce a special edition of this kind.
DFDS operates out of Dover into Calais and Dunkirk.
- WE'RE BACK AND OPEN FOR BUSINESS
- WEATHER: Sun has got its hat on this weekend - forecast for next week
- OTHAM HOUSING: Conservative Val Springett pulls out of crunch vote on 421 homes
- WARNING: Road to shut next week for one day
- BREAKING: Man's body found near busy road in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Man found dead in woodland near Maidstone
- CUSTODY: Drive ban ice cream man 'fails roadside drug test'
- RELIEF ROAD: Transport board hears worrying news for Maidstone villages