Kent flavour to design awards
Thursday 12th June 2014
TROPHIES hewn from stone taken from Hermitage Quarry in Maidstone will be presented to the winners of this year’s Kent Design and Development Awards.
The awards will be sculpted from ragstone by Jason Mulligan, who works from Quarry Farm in Nettlestead, near Maidstone.
Winners of the construction industry competition will receive the awards at a ceremony this autumn, after Maidstone-based Gallagher Group agreed to sponsor the production of the trophies.
Pat Gallagher, chairman of Gallagher Group, said: “The Kent Design & Development Awards are a great way to celebrate the variety and talent behind the many construction projects around the county. We are, therefore, pleased to be able to help create the awards from a material that is synonymous with Kent.”
Categories include civils and Infrastructure; commercial, industrial and retail; environmental performance and public buildings, with a special trophy for project of the year.
Entries can be submitted at www.kentdesigndevelopmentawards.co.uk until June 16.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- CCTV APPEAL: Car with false number plates linked to Maidstone fuel theft
- LATEST: Person hit by train at West Malling railway station
- BREAKING: Person hit by train near Maidstone
- HAZLITT LATEST: Maidstone performers share their talents to unite theatre-lovers
- CUSTODY: Man charged following knifepoint robbery in Maidstone
- BAILED: Woman 'spilt noxious substance' on shop worker in Maidstone
- HOUSING: Otham 440-houses appeal closes - Maidstone awaits its fate