LATEST: Anger as Coxheath build-out returns
Friday 21st August 2020
COXHEATH residents thought they had won the highways battle over build-outs on Heath Road – claiming they cause danger, delays and accidents.
Cropping up every 100yds, they sparked massive complaints and all but one – at the Linton crossroads where a serious head-on crash happened – were removed.
Now residents are mystified by the return of a build-out at the East Farleigh end of the village and are not kind with comments on Facebook.
“Great! Permanent traffic back again and accidents,” writes Simon Foster. “What council person thinks this is a great idea?”
Karen Harrison responds: “One who does not live here. Just needs some speed humps.”
Both build-outs are about half-mile from the two ends of the village centre – and as they cannot combat speeding where it is really necessary many residents see their minus points heavily outscoring plusses.
Cllr Clive Parker, parish council chairman, said that when so many build-outs were removed KCC indicated the one closest to East Farleigh would be restored. Now KCC had done it – close to the new roads to the evolving Violet Fields residential development.
“The parish would have preferred a lower speed limit in this area or improved lighting” he said.
KCC was approached for a comment.
- CLOSED: Village road to shut
- WARNING: Fallen tree shuts road near Maidstone
- CCTV APPEAL: Man in his 60s targeted in distraction cash theft
- VAN CRASH: Two men arrested following 'motorcycle theft' near Maidstone
- LIB DEM CRISIS: Two more council resignations being considered
- LOCAL BOOST: Elmer Parade's £7m injection into local economy
- COVID-19 LATEST: Children aged 12 to 15 to be offered jab
- WARNING: Heavy rain to hit Maidstone tonight