LATEST: Arriva employee tests positive for Covid-19 in Maidstone
Tuesday 15th September 2020
AN ARRIVA employee has tested positive for Coronavirus in Maidstone.
The Armstrong Road based depot was deep cleaned on Saturday, September 12, as a member of staff was diagnosed the same day.
Arriva says the case is isolated and is not deemed as an outbreak of Covid-19, but staff will continue to follow the latest guidance.
Oliver Monahan, area managing director for Arriva, said: “The safety of our customers and colleagues is Arriva’s number one priority. We are being guided every step of the way by expert organisations such as the Health and Safety Executive and Public Health England.
"We can confirm that a colleague has tested positive for Covid-19 and in line with NHS Test and Trace we are fully supporting any colleagues who may be requested to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or a public health professional.
"This is an isolated case and is not deemed as an outbreak of Covid-19. We will continue to follow all the latest guidance to keep our workspaces and buses Covid-19 secure and our colleagues and customers safe."
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- DETAILS: Resurfacing works on B2012 Lower Boxley Road
- LATEST: Prezzo to reopen in Maidstone
- PLANNED: 18-month road closure in Aylesford
- URGENT: Gas leak repairs near Maidstone
- GALLERY: Maidstone pupils adjust to 'new normal'
- INQUEST: Police took 49 minutes to respond to dad's 999 call
- M20 DISRUPTION: After Op Stack - even more trouble on the motorway