LATEST: Arriva employee tests positive for Covid-19 in Maidstone
Tuesday 15th September 2020
AN ARRIVA employee has tested positive for Coronavirus in Maidstone.
The Armstrong Road based depot was deep cleaned on Saturday, September 12, as a member of staff was diagnosed the same day.
Arriva says the case is isolated and is not deemed as an outbreak of Covid-19, but staff will continue to follow the latest guidance.
Oliver Monahan, area managing director for Arriva, said: “The safety of our customers and colleagues is Arriva’s number one priority. We are being guided every step of the way by expert organisations such as the Health and Safety Executive and Public Health England.
"We can confirm that a colleague has tested positive for Covid-19 and in line with NHS Test and Trace we are fully supporting any colleagues who may be requested to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or a public health professional.
"This is an isolated case and is not deemed as an outbreak of Covid-19. We will continue to follow all the latest guidance to keep our workspaces and buses Covid-19 secure and our colleagues and customers safe."
- BREAKING NEWS: The Hazlitt Theatre is saved from closure
- OTHAM LATEST: Petition launched to challenge council role in decision-making
- SHED BREAK-INS: Police warn residents to be vigilant
- SAVE THE HAZLITT: Crunch council meeting to decide venue's future TONIGHT
- URGENT APPEAL: Police hunt thief after jewellery stolen from Snodland pensioner
- EXCLUSIVE: Lenham Heath residents 'under demolition threat' by borough council
- LATEST: MP Tracey Crouch prepares to undergo radiotherapy in cancer fight
- COVID LATEST: Another dramatic fall in Maidstone infections