LATEST: COVID-19 worryingly on the rise again in Maidstone
Monday 14th June 2021
LATEST Government figures (4pm, Sunday June 13) show COVID-19 infection cases and local deaths have risen sharply in the last few days.
Infection rates have risen by 145,8% with 59 cases in the week, Thirteen cases are in the latest day of the records.
After a period of very few deaths in Maidstone there have been four in the last seven days.
Vaccination rates for Maidstone show 73.7% of the population have received the first doses and 53.7% both first and second doses.
Kent Coúnty Council figures were last updated on June 11 with case data for May 30 to June 6. They show lower figures for Maidstone compared with updated Government figures. Just 14 cases were 100,000 population (an increase of 1.7 over the previous seven days) are recorded.
Total sympton-free tests totalled 69,981 for Maidstone with a positive rate of just 0.39%.
The Kent rate per 100,000 is given as 21.6, an increase over the previous seven days of 6.1.
All these figures follow the growth of the Delta variant in the UK.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone