LATEST: Concern over summer gas works near Maidstone
Wednesday 12th February 2020
BEARSTED Parish Council have been talking to Kent County Council and the utilities company currently undertaking gas works in Bearsted.
Gas works are expected to take place in the summer holidays along The Landway.
A BPC spokesman said: "We have been particularly concerned for the safety of pedestrians over the past few days due to the increase volume using The Landway caused by the closure of Ware Street and Roseacre Lane.
"The utilities company have agreed that none of their vehicles will attempt moving during school pick up and drop off times to help ease the pressure."
Drivers are requested to avoid The Landway if possible during busy times. Gas works are due to finish soon and will commence during the 2020 summer holidays.
- 10 DAYS TO GO
- OTHAM HOUSING: Councillors emphatically throw out scheme for 421 homes tonight
- OTHAM HOUSING: Key decision due tonight - watch online
- WARNING: Bearsted Road to shut for five days
- WEATHER: Sun has got its hat on this week
- OTHAM HOUSING: Conservative Val Springett pulls out of crunch vote on 421 homes
- WARNING: Road to shut next week for one day
- BREAKING: Man's body found near busy road in Maidstone