LATEST: Concern over summer gas works near Maidstone
Wednesday 12th February 2020
BEARSTED Parish Council have been talking to Kent County Council and the utilities company currently undertaking gas works in Bearsted.
Gas works are expected to take place in the summer holidays along The Landway.
A BPC spokesman said: "We have been particularly concerned for the safety of pedestrians over the past few days due to the increase volume using The Landway caused by the closure of Ware Street and Roseacre Lane.
"The utilities company have agreed that none of their vehicles will attempt moving during school pick up and drop off times to help ease the pressure."
Drivers are requested to avoid The Landway if possible during busy times. Gas works are due to finish soon and will commence during the 2020 summer holidays.
- PICTURES: Remains of floating restaurant after mystery blaze in Maidstone
- AWARDS: Officers honoured for bravery following West Malling murder
- BOAT BLAZE: Seven fire engines tackle mystery fire in Maidstone
- BOAT FIRE UPDATE: Blaze sparks warning to close windows and doors in Maidstone
- LATEST: Floating restaurant goes up in flames in Maidstone
- BREAKING : Floating restaurant on fire on Medway at Maidstone - details
- Busy road to shut for TWO NIGHTS in Maidstone
- OVERNIGHT: Carriageway closure in Maidstone