LATEST: GP staff 'face daily abuse' whilst treating patients in village
Friday 16th July 2021
A SURGERY in Headcorn says staff members are facing daily abuse from patients over accessing NHS services.
Headcorn Surgery, in Grigg Lane, claims the issue has become worse in recent months, at a time when they are also dealing with a huge increase in workload as a result of the pandemic.
Staff encounter unreasonable demands, general rudeness, shouting, swearing, personal attacks and threats of violence.
A spokesman said: “These sorts of things are not becoming a daily occurrence, they are in fact happening multiple times each day to various members of staff.
“Please don’t forget that the receptionist you are speaking to on the telephone, nurse you are seeing in clinic or GP with whom you are being treated by is a fellow human being.
“They are all dealing with the same challenges within their personal lives that all of our patients are facing.”
The surgery looks after around 8,500 patients.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone